Skip to content
The five insights of Breakthrough Innovation
- Three options exist at life cycle maturity: decline and exit, extended maturity, or renewal.
- Breakthrough Innovation is the path of renewal, an unanticipated move having significant, sustaining impact.
- Breakthrough Innovation is achieved by neither process nor random action; instead, it is the very human act of discovery.
- Serial Innovators repeatedly succeed at bringing Breakthrough Innovation to market; they exhibit rare, consistent patterns of mastery, including both vision and moving their organizations as positive, informal leaders.
- Successful executives and managers possess the insight to hire and develop Serial Innovators, provide them with necessary resources and time, and sustain an innovation-friendly culture.